No, we cannot issue a belongers card in a name you have not legally acquired. The name you enter on your application, should match your birth, baptismal or marriage certificate and deed poll if applicable. If it does not, it could delay your application.

Please complete an application form and submit to the Civil Registry & Passport Office, along with supporting documents evidencing the change. This applies to a change in your name, photo (including where you cannot be recognised from your current passport photo).

If your belongers card is damaged, you may bring it to the Civil Registry & Passport Office immediately and apply for a new one. Your belongers card is a valuable document. Keep it safe at all times and be sure it does not get lost, stolen or damaged. It is designed to cope with normal wear and tear.

No, you will not be required to submit supporting documents for cards issued by the Civil Registry & Passport Office in the past, provided that your records are current.

Applicants are required to produce their old manual card in person for capturing their photo image and be accommodated with the new electronic card free of charge.

Applicants are required to appear in person to submit an application for persons deemed to belong to the Virgin Islands. This is essential for capturing applicants’ photo image and signature.

Applicants may remit payment in any of the following forms:

  • Cash
  • Cheques
  • Debit or Credit Cards
  • International Postal Money Orders
  • Bankers Cheques


Fees are US$125.00 which is payable upon submission of the application.

No, birth certificates will be required for all individuals connected as proof of claim to belonger status (i.e. applicant’s birth – born outside the V.I., applicant’s father’s birth – born outside the V.I. and applicant’s paternal grandparent birth – born in the Territory). Baptismal and/or marriage certificates as well as deed polls or affidavits are required to show transition to other names or clarify any inconsistencies.

If your belongers card is lost or stolen you need to report it immediately to the Civil Registry & Passport Office and to the local Police Authorities. Only after exhaustive enquiries can a replacement be issued in such circumstances and a fee of US$125.00 is remitted. The belongers card of deceased persons should be submitted for cancellation to the Civil Registry & Passport Office.