Applicants may remit payment in any of the following forms:

  • Cash
  • Cheques
  • Debit or Credit Cards
  • International Postal Money Orders
  • Bankers Cheques


Fees are US$125.00 which is payable upon submission of the application.

No, birth certificates will be required for all individuals connected as proof of claim to belonger status (i.e. applicant’s birth – born outside the V.I., applicant’s father’s birth – born outside the V.I. and applicant’s paternal grandparent birth – born in the Territory). Baptismal and/or marriage certificates as well as deed polls or affidavits are required to show transition to other names or clarify any inconsistencies.

If your belongers card is lost or stolen you need to report it immediately to the Civil Registry & Passport Office and to the local Police Authorities. Only after exhaustive enquiries can a replacement be issued in such circumstances and a fee of US$125.00 is remitted. The belongers card of deceased persons should be submitted for cancellation to the Civil Registry & Passport Office.

Persons are deemed to belong to the Virgin Islands based on the following categories:

A belongers application can be obtained from any of the three locations of the Civil Registry and Passport Office. They are located at the ground floor of the Central Administration Building, the 2nd Floor of the Burhym Building or the Vanterpool Building on Virgin Gorda. Forms can also be accessed online at

A person would require a Belonger's Card as proof of thier immigration status in the Territory. This allows free travel in and out of the Territory. Holders can reside and work in the Virgin Islands free from immigration control, purchase property, apply for trade licences and vote in the Territory.

A belonger is a person deemed to belong to the Virgin Islands.

Application for Virgin Islands VISA

This service is for nationalities requiring a Virgin Islands VISA for entry and/or work purposes.

Amendment of Birth Record with Father’s Name

This service is for adding a Father's Name to a child's Birth Record and Certificate, through means of affidavit.