Persons ordinarily residing in the territory for 20 years are eligible to apply for a Certificate of Residence. They should have a desire to live in the territory and have a good character.

Persons can apply for Belonger Status if they are in possession of a valid Certificate of Residence or is married to a Belonger and residing with spouse for five years in the territory.

Persons are encouraged to write to the Chief Immigration Officer requesting such permission. A response to these request are replied too within a week to ten (10) working days via mail.

A valid passport and if a visa is required, it should be included in the passport before entry into the territory.

Ordinarily no, however if they are travelling directly from the United States and are in possession of a valid passport or birth certificate from their country of origin they could be admitted with prior notification to the department before entry in the territory.


Visitors are ordinarily admitted for one (1) month in the first instance provided they meet entry requirements at the ports of entry.

Immigration Department Processing Unit Closed Until November 4

Tuesday, 3 November 2015 - 12:00pm

The Immigration Department is advising the public that the Processing Unit in Road Town is closed today, Tuesday, November 3. This is due to a faulty air-conditioning unit within the office. 

Office Generalist Trainee


The ideal candidate will assist with frontline and/or courier duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and public at all times.