33 Admin Drive
Central Administration Complex
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Town and Country Planning Department which comes under the portfolio of the Premier’s Office, is responsible for ensuring the proper use of land throughout the Virgin Islands. The main function of the department is to ensure that the Territory is developed in an orderly and sustainable manner and to prepare development plans which will guide the development process throughout the Territory.
The Department functions as the secretariat for the Planning Authority and is governed by the Physical Planning Act of 2004 as its primary legislation. The Town and Country Planning Department is mandated to ensure the proper use of land and spatial development through integrated land use planning and management. The Physical Planning Act, 2004 is the legal instrument under which the department has the authoritative order to administer.
The Act makes provision for:
· the orderly and progressive development of land in both urban and rural areas;
· the protection of the environment and improvement of the amenities thereof;
· the grant of permission to develop land;
· other powers of control over the use of land;
· additional powers in respect of the acquisition and development of land for planning purposes; and
· other matters connected therewith.
The Town and Country Planning Department (TCPD) ensures sustainable development in the British Virgin Islands by promoting wise use of land, efficient communication systems and facilitating harmonious change while enhancing our strong cultural heritage. This is made possible through staff that is trained to employ the highest standards of planning techniques while ensuring strong relationships, corporation, openness and professionalism.
The Town and Country Planning Department (TCPD), under the guidance of the Planning Authority, seeks to ensure orderly, sustainable and progressive development of land; the protection of the environment; improvement of amenities; and the creation and maintenance of addresses for physical properties.
At the Town and Country Planning Department we believe that:
- Your development applications and development options must be reviewed promptly;
- We take the lead in guiding development and in promoting the sustainable development of the Territory;
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate Geographic Information System (GIS) provides the basis for improved decision making; and
- Our employees are well-trained, responsible professional team players.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|enVIsion 2040: Public Invited To Share Vision For BVI’s Development||
10 Jul 2017 - 12:36pm
|enVIsion 2040: Public Invited To Share Vision For BVI’S Development||
7 Jul 2017 - 5:17pm
|Town And Country Planning Department Development Application Fees||
11 Jan 2017 - 2:21pm
|Development Application Fees To Take Effect January 1||
28 Dec 2016 - 3:32pm
|Adherence To Published Fee Schedule For Development Begins Jan. 1||
5 Dec 2016 - 3:53pm
|View World Town Planning And GIS Day Highlights Programme On Demand||
23 Nov 2016 - 4:57pm
|Up! Up! Up And Away!||
17 Nov 2016 - 9:55am
|All Invited To Participate In town Planning And GIS Day – November 16||
11 Nov 2016 - 1:18pm
|World Town Planning And GIS Day To Be Observed||
11 Nov 2016 - 10:55am
|Residents Urged To ‘Seek Services Of Knowledgeable Architects’||
13 Jul 2016 - 10:08am
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Town and Country Planning Department, see below for contact information:
Town and Country Planning Department
33 Admin Drive
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cashier : 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Telephone: 1(284) 468-2158
Fax: 1(284) 468-3148