The successful applicant will assist with the development and maintenance of various statistical databases according to defined procedures effectively and efficiently in order for the Department to meet its objectives.
- Collect, classify, code, and manipulate raw data to obtain various economic, financial and social indicators in a timely and competent manner.
- Maintain a series of linked spreadsheets and update economic, financial and social statistics databases in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparation of statistical reports, publications and requests for statistical data to support the work of the unit.
- Assist in planning, testing and execution of surveys as required to support the work of the unit.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure you are aware of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Supervise of assigned staff
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years’ working experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good knowledge of computer programs used for analysing datasets i.e. Microsoft Access, Excel
- Good knowledge of Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS)
- Good quantitative analysis
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Sound supervisory skills