P.O. Box 3477
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Department of Waste Management is primarily responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste, while protecting human health and the environment by minimizing adverse impacts on all residents and visitors of the Virgin Islands (British). This is done through the development and implementation of effective and efficient waste management programmes.
To provide the Virgin Islands (British) with modern, environmentally sound methods of solid waste management that reflects international standards of waste management practices.
To enhance the natural beauty of the Territory, by utilizing state of the art waste management technology to ensure timely collection, disposal and where possible recycling of waste.
- Providing professional, efficient and courteous service
- Maintaining a safe workplace for our staff
- Conforming to environmental safety guidelines and acceptable waste management practices
- Commercial establishments that generate more than two to three bags of trash are required to take their waste directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from utilizing the residential dumpsters.
- Residents are required to take their bulk waste (refrigerators, stoves, mattresses etc.) directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from depositing them around residential dumptsters.
- Commercial and construction waste are to be separated prior to being transported to the incinerator, particularly combustible from non-combustible waste.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Revised 7R Waste Management Consultation Meetings Schedule||
12 May 2021 - 4:42pm
|Landfill Establishment And Waste Rehabilitation Tenders Received||
7 May 2021 - 5:45pm
|Public Invited To Waste Strategy Consultation Meetings||
23 Apr 2021 - 4:26pm
|‘We Recycle’ Student Competition Winners Awarded In The BVI||
19 Feb 2021 - 4:49pm
|House To House Waste Collection Operations On Pause||
4 Dec 2020 - 5:19pm
|“We Recycle” Student Competition Begins December 1||
27 Nov 2020 - 3:16pm
|Waste Collection Schedule Amended Due To Inclement Weather||
30 Jul 2020 - 9:21am
|Over 400 Derelict Vehicles Transported Off Virgin Gorda||
28 Jul 2020 - 4:48pm
|Virgin Gorda Residents Proceed With Caution During Derelict Collection||
24 Jul 2020 - 10:06pm
|BVI Roadside And House To House Waste Collection Continues||
4 May 2020 - 4:11pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Waste Management, see below for contact information:
Department of Waste Management
P.O. Box 3477
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.