The successful applicant will supervise and manage the Surveillance Unit to ensure that the Department’s objectives are met and that the Immigration Ordinance is enforced appropriately.
1. Manage the Surveillance Unit to ensure effective and efficient department management.
2. Assist with the performance of human resources functions for the Department.
3. Ensure that recommendations for the “Stop List” are made in a timely manner and liaise with regional and national law enforcement agencies to ensure effective enforcement of the Immigration Ordinance.
4. Respond to inquiries and requests in relation to immigration matters ad interview applications for resident status to ensure effective immigration management within the Territory.
5. Deputise in the absence of the Chief Immigration Officer.
6. Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
7. Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
8. Research, analyse and prepare reports and provide advice.
9. Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice or related field
Seven (7) years’ working experience in the field
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Expert analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Excellent supervisory and management skills