The successful applicant will assist with day to day activities of the Department to ensure enforcement of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
1. Inspect passengers entering the Territory to ensure adherence to the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
2. Assist in the detention and repatriation of illegal entrants in order to enforce the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
3. Assist in completing daily incoming and outgoing summaries of passengers and vessels in order to facilitate effective record management.
4. Record the sales of embarkation cards, all cheques received and in the preparation of daily and monthly invoices form vessels in respect to overtime payments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
5. Assist with maintaining accurate records of all persons who are refused entry in order to monitor the impact of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
6. Prepare relevant reports on activities of the assigned area.
7. Supervise assigned staff.
8. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
1. Manages your own resources and professional development
2. Manages self to model behaviour in meeting organisational standards
3. Manages your time effectively
4. Ensures health and safety requirements are met in your area
5. Develops the trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment Fieldwork
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in General Studies, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or a related area
- Two (2) years related experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of interviewing/interrogation and investigative procedures
- Skilled in smuggling theory and identifying fraudulent documents
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound analytical and decision making skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good supervisory skills