1. Coordinate and manage the After School Youth Development Programme and other established programmes, including assisting in their development, to ensure the relevance, success and smooth running of these.
2. Supervise and evaluate the Centre Coordinators and Youth Workers at the end of each term to provide feedback and continual improvement.
3. Maintain a schedule of After School Youth Development Programme staffing needs to ensure adequate coverage of staffing so that the Programme is not affected.
4. Respond to inquiries, requests, placements and concerns regarding the After School Youth Programme and other established programmes to ensure queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
5. Prepare quarterly reports and maintain a filing system for the After School Youth Development and other established programmes to ensure information can be accessed and assessed on a timely basis.
6. Prepare a newsletter for the After School Youth Development and the other established programmes.
7. Liaise with and gathers information from relevant government agencies, youth groups and community based youth organisations and assist with developing the National Youth Policy to ensure the effectiveness of the youth programmes.
8. Coordinate meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
9. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by the Immediate Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in a Social Science or a related field
• Four (4) years’ experience in programme planning or social work
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, ordinances, legislation, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of sports administration and programme coordination and administration
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Sound analytical and decision-making skills
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure