The successful applicant will assist with day to day activities and management of the Department to ensure enforcement of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Interview passengers entering the Territory to ensure adherence to the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
3. Assist with the detention and repatriation of illegal entrants in order to enforce the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
4. Assist with completing incoming and outgoing summaries of passengers and vessels, and maintain accurate records of persons who are refused entry, in order to facilitate effective record management and to monitor the impact of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
5. Collect and record revenues including the sale of Embarkation Cards in the preparation of invoices from vessels in respect to overtime payments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
6. Assist with the administration of human resources functions.
7. Conduct secondary inspection interviews at the assigned Port of Entry to ensure that the necessary information is collected.
8. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
1. Manage your time effectively
2. Obtain information for decision making
3. Provide feedback on performance
4. Ensure products and services meet quality requirements
5. Manage the recording and storage of information
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal Office environment Fieldwork 24 hours on call
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice or related field
- Three (3) to four (4) years’ experience in requisite field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Expert knowledge of interviewing/ interrogation and investigative procedures
- Skilled in smuggling theory and identifying fraudulent documents
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and management skills