Information Officer II
Dept. of Information & Public Relations
Telephone: 468- 2740
The public is invited to share its views on the proposed Police Act, 2019 in the upcoming Public Consultation meetings. The Act will among other things change the way the community is policed.
The meetings will be hosted by Premier and Minister of Finance, Honourable Andrew A. Fahie; Deputy Governor of the Virgin Islands, Mr. David D. Archer Jr. and Commissioner of Police Mr. Mark Collins and are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, May 31 at 5:00 p.m. at Althea Scatliffe Primary School in Road Town
- Tuesday, June 1 at 11:00 a.m. at Foxy’s on Jost Van Dyke
- Wednesday, June 2 at 7:00 p.m. Public Eye interview on the Government of the Virgin Islands’ Facebook page @BVIGovernment
- Thursday, June 3 at 5:30 p.m. at Rock Café on Virgin Gorda
- Sunday, June 6 at 1:00 p.m. at Claudia Creque Educational Centre on Anegada
- Monday, June 7 at 7:00 p.m. at Eileene L. Parsons Auditorium in Paraquita Bay
- Tuesday, June 8 at 7:00 p.m. at the Ebenezer Thomas Primary School in Sea Cow’s Bay
- Wednesday, June 9 at 7:00 p.m. at Leonora Delville Primary School in Capoons Bay
Persons can access the proposed Police Act by visiting bvi.gov.vg and clicking the banner on the carousel. Persons will also be able to access printed copies by visiting the Premier’s Office, 2nd Floor of the Cutlass Tower in Road Town.
Interested persons can submit comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver paper copies addressed to the Permanent Secretary at the Premier’s Office.