Environmental HealthRelease Date:
Friday, 13 March 2020 - 10:02am
In response to the coronavirus disease COVID-19, the Environmental Health Division is providing the Virgin Islands public on an approved list of disinfectants to be used to clean surfaces.
Chief Environmental Health Officer, Mr. Lionel Michael stated that consumers must pay close attention to the directions described on product labels and specifications such as the length of time needed to stay on surfaces to be effective.
The list is as follows:
- Clorox Disinfecting Spray-Fresh Scent
- Comet Disinfecting Spray
- Enviro Care
- Lysol Disinfecting Spray
- Lysol Wipes
- Quick & Clean
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Essential Everyday Lemon Scent Disinfecting Wipes
- Member’s Mark Orange Scent Disinfecting Wipes
- Up and Up Fresh Scent Disinfecting Wipes
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Peak disinfectant
- Peak disinfectant wipes
- Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe
- Bleach disinfectant cleaner
- Klercide 70/30 ipa
- Peroxide disinfectant and glass cleaner rtu
- Regular household bleach (Clorox)
- Beep Disinfectant Spray
Please note this list is not exhaustive. There are other disinfectants that can be used, providing consumers read the labels.
For more information on the list of approved cleaning agents or disinfectants, persons can call 468-5110.