Government Identification cards are issued to all public officers. The Facilities Management Unit sends out a schedule which indicates a set date and time for your ministry or department to come and have your ID’s processed. If you miss that date, you must call the office for a future appointment.  Note that ID’s will be issued every 3 years unless an officer has changed his or her name, post, or if transferred. It is important to note also that once you have retired or resigned from the Public Service, you are required to surrender your government ID.