When you submit an application for burial at sea, you will need to have on hand the following documents:
- An original Death Certificate
- A Certificate of Cremation if the body was cremated
- A request to import the remains of the body or ashes if coming from outside the Virgin Islands (British)
- A letter from the funeral home that will prepare the body for burial stating how the body was prepared
- A letter of consent from the boat captain or persons who will transport the body or remains to the Virgin Islands (British)
A response will be given within five working days of receipt of the application and all supporting documents.