Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is a Department under the Premier's Office of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is responsible for ensuring food is safe, nutritionally sound, produced and harvested in an environmentally sustainable manner that builds resilience to internal and external shocks while contributing to the economic growth, social well-being and protection of the natural environment.
To be the key agency in the Virgin Islands for sustainable food security.
To ensure sustainable production, harvest and supply of safe, high quality food by regulating the agricultural and fisheries sectors.
We share the ethical values of the Virgin Islands Public Service, and pledge to be:
- Committed - Striving to give our best to every task.
- Responsive - Responding effectively to the needs of our clients.
- Supportive - Upholding all that is valid or right, giving emotional and moral support to clients and staff.
- Respectful - Showing courtesy, consideration, and deference for our clients’ requests.
- Open - Being accessible to all clients and staff.
- Diligent - Serving our clients with professionalism in a practical, conscientious, rigorous, and timely manner.
- Honest - Behaving ethically with integrity, loyalty and candour.
List of Services
List of Forms and Conditions
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Department Of Agriculture Receives Fisheries Database||
31 Jan 2023 - 4:05pm
|Public Officers Trained On Central Fisheries GIS Database||
1 Nov 2022 - 6:38am
|Meetings Held With Virgin Islands Fishers to Build Capacity||
6 Oct 2022 - 3:18pm
|Agriculture And Fisheries’ Officials Inspired At Conference To Improve Agricultural Sector||
4 Oct 2022 - 1:32pm
|VI Government To Advance With Food Security Law||
30 Aug 2022 - 11:33am
|VI Conch And Whelk Season Closes On August 15||
11 Aug 2022 - 1:27pm
|Dr. the Honourable Wheatley Declares Farmers' and Fishers' Week 2022 Open||
28 Mar 2022 - 12:25pm
|Local Fruit Juice Competition April 2||
23 Mar 2022 - 4:58pm
|Preparations Underway To Host Farmers And Fishers Week 2022||
21 Mar 2022 - 3:28pm
|Food Security And Sustainability Act Public Meetings||
9 Feb 2022 - 2:47pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, see below for contact information:
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
General Office - Paraquita Bay and Virgin Gorda - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Veterinary Unit - 1 (284) 468 - 6197
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-9263/6506/6507
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449