Submitted by SheHodge on 17 December 2015 - 12:55pm
Internal Position No.:
140 of 2015
The successful applicant will manage, oversee and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Unit, and to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit.
- Ensure diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Prepare purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made.
- Compare invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
- Record and reconcile vote book as required to ensure that all transactions are recorded and accounted correctly.
- Assist in the drafting of the annual budget when required to support other team members.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Accounting Officer.
- Prepare and processes the relevant forms to complete related financial accounting processes.
- Prepare contracts/agreements.
- Supervise assigned staff as required.
- Ensure training of team members on a needs basis to aid with their professional development.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years’ working experience inclusive of supervisory experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Good knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Good knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Thursday, 31 December 2015