The successful applicant will assist the agricultural sector in agronomy, produce and development matters in order to facilitate the sustainable growth of the agricultural sector in the Territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science or related field
- Two (2) years related experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license required
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Good knowledge of basic/routine surgical and medication procedures
- Good knowledge of abattoir operations and meat inspection procedures
- Good knowledge of common animal diseases/food borne and zoonotic disease/recognition of important and common disease causing organisms; diagnosis, treatment/management, control/prevention.
- Good knowledge of animal related disease: significant, diagnosis and treatment/control/prevention
- Good knowledge of animal behaviour as well as physical and chemical restraint
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills