The successful applicant will conduct research in addition to implementing and assisting in the coordination of effective legislation, strategic policies for regional affairs as directed by the Permanent Secretary. Serves as desk officer for selected departments on the Group’s behalf. Facilitates BVI representation and participation in international and regional organizations.
- Provide advice, assistance and support to the Permanent Secretary and the Deputy Permanent Secretary in the formulation of policy and administration of the Governor’s Group and its departments to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Conduct research and assists with policy development, analysis and delivery in line with the requirements of the Governor’s Group.
- Provide public administrative support in the areas of office management, preparation of liquor licences event planning for annual commemorative celebrations, public estate management, apostilles, visa waivers and regulatory services functions to ensure these run efficiently and in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Prepare correspondences to local and external persons, agencies and departments in order to respond to the needs of the public.
- Serve as the Governor’s subject and Desk Officer for assigned departments for the purposes of improving centralisation and efficiency.
- Monitors the implementation of the Government Legislative Agenda and strategic management initiatives to ensure that execution of such initiatives is consistent with original objectives.
- Represents the Governor’s Group at meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences and other official functions locally and overseas to ensure presence of the Group and to represent its interests.
- Assist with screening for Chevening Scholarships to ensure the process runs efficiently.
- Monitors incoming correspondence to remain current with a wide range of information and to assist with necessary follow-up action.
- Provides support to government ministries on strategic management to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Civil Service.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Permanent Secretary or Deputy Governor in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- Five (5) years working experience in a management capacity
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good supervisory and management skills
- Excellent knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial interviewing and counselling techniques