Submitted by SGibbs on 29 November 2021 - 3:50pm
Internal Position No.:
MTWU 3 of 2021
The successful applicant will ensure the proper operation, maintenance and development of the water system in the Virgin Islands.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
3. Assist with general repairs, building, installation, moving, and maintenance projects.
4. Report mechanical and electrical problems to the supervisor and assist in alleviation of such problems to ensure these are remedied in a timely manner.
5. Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
6. Assist with water operations and maintenance activities.
7. Construct manholes, reinstate roads and other concrete structures.
8. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Trained in carpentry/joinery/masonry
- Five (5) years’ experience in woodwork, carpentry and general building maintenance
- Certificate in woodwork/carpentry
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of standard plumbing and construction practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
- Sound knowledge of carpentry/masonry
- Sound knowledge in general building maintenance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication
- Sound supervisory skills
Monday, 13 December 2021