Submitted by ACorbin on 10 June 2016 - 1:58pm
Internal Position No.:
56 of 2016
The successful applicant will manage the administration of the Department, enforce Immigration Laws and Ordinance to ensure effective Department and immigration management.
- Oversee the overall discipline management and functions of the Immigration department to ensure that the department can meet its objectives.
- Ensure that the Immigration Ordinance is enforced and respond to inquiries and requests in relation to immigration matters to ensure effective immigration management in the Territory.
- Conduct and attend the required meetings including acting as an Ex-Officio member of the Immigration Board in order for effective information flow.
- Consult with staff on grievances, conflicts, and other personnel matters. In collaboration with the any relevant Human Resources staff, approves the selection of the employees within the Department in order to maintain a dynamic and appropriate workforce.
- Research, analyse and prepare relevant reports.
- Serve as the Accounting Officer for the Department.
- Prepare and manage the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff in the Department.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice or related field
- Seven (7) years’ working experience in the field
- Expert knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Expert analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Friday, 24 June 2016