Submitted by SGibbs on 20 November 2023 - 4:10pm
Internal Position No.:
MCW 10 of 2023
The successful applicant will perform laundress and cleaning duties to provide a clean, tidy and sanitized environment on a daily basis.
1. Provide a clean and sanitized working environment on a daily basis by:
a. Dusting & polishing all surfaces
b. Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming all floors
c. Emptying trash bags
d. Cleaning windows
2. Perform assigned cleaning duties with due regard to Health & Safety procedures and policies, and with responsibility towards staff and the general public.
3. Keep an inventory for cleaning supplies advising when re-ordering is necessary.
4. Prepare a requisition of cleaning supplies to be ordered and report any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain clean, safe and sanitized environment.
5. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year’s work experience in cleaning/housekeeping
- Good knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Policy and Procedures
- Basic oral, reading and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge and ability in housekeeping, and use of cleaning materials and equipment
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Monday, 4 December 2023