Submitted by SGibbs on 11 May 2023 - 3:05pm
Internal Position No.:
RDA 1 of 2023
1. Manage the Programme Strategy Department.
2. Lead role in engagement with the Ministry of Finance and implementation of the provisions of the Virgin Islands Recovery and Development Agency (RDA)–Ministry of Finance (MoF) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
3. Lead role in public representation of the planning and work of the RDA for the media.
4. Responsible for informing the requirements assessment and refinement phase of planning.
5. Responsible for developing requirements into feasible options which are to be prepared in line with the Business Case process.
6. Lead in the coordination and development of Business Cases based on the options selected.
7. Responsible for writing the Implementation Plan and Schedule.
8. Responsible for monitoring the corporate strategic direction, decision making and planning, providing managerial experience and technical/operational insights and perspectives.
9. To attend public meetings, give talks and give evidence where issues extend beyond the normal scope and to take opportunities to promote the RDA.
10. To ensure that staff in the Programme Strategy Department work closely and in co-operation with key partner organisations to tackle complex projects, providing strong input through the development process from initial feasibility to detailed delivery stages.
11. To promote a culture of strong communication; staff flexibility to respond to changing workloads
Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree (strategic, business or programme management) and/or equivalent
- Internationally recognised strategic management qualification or demonstrable experience
- Risk management qualification or demonstrable experience
- At least ten (10) years programme lead at the strategic planning or similar level in the public and/or private sector
- 5-7 years managerial experience at policy level
- Thorough work planning to a clear, deliverable plan on time and using available resources.
- Building effective partnerships with key stakeholders to deliver tangible results.
- Working with the public and stakeholder groups – including giving presentations and involvement in workshops.
- Preparation and presentation of robust written advice/evidence in a variety of formats.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Ability to quickly/easily adjust to changing priorities/direction
- Demonstrated experience using requisite software
- Up to date knowledge of current legislation and good practice in the field.
- Awareness of the roles of leadership and management and the ability to deliver both effectively for a multidisciplinary team.
- Awareness of the importance of delivering good customer service and the ability to drive change in work practices to secure this.
- Strong ‘people-management’ and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively across professional and organisational boundaries.
- Ability to drive innovation and react positively to changing demands and circumstances.
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial acumen in the way projects are funded and delivered.
- Ability to inspire staff and set clear career paths to maximize the potential on all staff.
Sunday, 11 June 2023