The successful applicant will assist with day to day activities of the Department to ensure enforcement of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
1. Inspect passengers entering the Territory to ensure adherence to the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
2. Assist with the detention and repatriation of illegal entrants in order to enforce the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
3. Assist with completing daily incoming and outgoing summaries of passengers and vessels in order to facilitate effective record management.
4. Record the sales of embarkation cards, all cheques received and in the preparation of invoices for vessels in respect to overtime payments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
5. Assist with maintaining accurate records of all persons who are refused entry in order to monitor the impact of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
1. Observes departmental standards for own conduct
2. Manages own work effectively
3. Manages customer relationships
4. Communicates clearly and effectively
5. Contributes to the effective use of resources
6. Manages relationships with others in the team, including your manager
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment Fieldwork
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Good knowledge of interviewing/interrogation and investigative procedures
- Skilled in smuggling theory and identifying fraudulent documents
- Basic analytical and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills