Submitted by ACorbin on 1 August 2017 - 4:36pm
Internal Position No.:
PO 04 of 2017
The successful applicant will assist with day to day activities of the Department to ensure enforcement of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Inspect passengers entering the Territory to ensure adherence to the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Assist in the detention and repatriation of illegal entrants in order to enforce the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Assist in completing daily incoming and outgoing summaries of passengers and vessels in order to facilitate effective record management.
- Record the sales of embarkation cards, all cheques received and in the preparation of daily and monthly invoices form vessels in respect to overtime payments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of all persons who are refused entry in order to monitor the impact of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Prepare relevant reports on activities of the assigned area.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Associate’s Degree in General Studies, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or a related area
- Two (2) years related experience
- Good to sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good to sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Good to sound knowledge of interviewing/interrogation and investigative procedures
- Skilled in smuggling theory and identifying fraudulent documents
- Basic to sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Basic to sound analytical and decision making skills
- Good to sound interpersonal skills
- Good to sound oral and written communication skills
- Good supervisory skills
Thursday, 24 August 2017