The successful applicant will assist, co-ordinate and perform audit and administration functions according to defined procedures effectively and efficiently in order for the Department to meet its objectives.
- review audits.
- Assess internal controls and make recommendations in accordance with defined procedures.
- Review, assess and examine various data obtained from interviews, audit visits and observations to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare audit updates for Audit Committee to support decision-making.
- Appraise pertinent legislation, regulations or other policy structures in accordance with defined procedures.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure your awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Identify, assess and compile various data obtained from interviews, audit visits and observations to ensure accuracy.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Three (3) to Four (4) years’ working experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant auditing software and programmes
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory and management skills