The successful applicant will receive and offer tours to Museum visitors, liaise with the Old Government House’s Advisory Board Members and volunteers to ensure the efficient and effective day to day running of the museum.
1. Oversee the smooth and efficient operation of the Museum through daily operations.
2. Conduct a visual check of the Museum between 8:30am and 9:00am daily to ensure it is in a state of readiness and that the Board Representative is immediately advised of any concerns identified.
3. Greet all visitors to ensure a professional customer service is provided to the public. Receive and record the admission fee and offer each guest a guided tour of the House and Garden in order to provide additional information about displays.
4. Operate the gift shop on a daily basis record items sold, cash up and prepare separate bank deposit slips for shop sales and admission fees to be delivered to the Office of the Governor at the end of the day.
5. Prepare monthly reports giving the number of visitors categorised by residents, visitors and children, products sold, fees collected and an end of month grand total in order for the income of the Museum may be analysed.
6. Assist Board Members in handling displays, preparing for and hosting any event at the Museum or on the Museum’s behalf to ensure a professional representation of the Museum at all times.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Government House.
▪ High School Diploma or equivalent
▪ Two (2) years’ experience in a customer service orientated field (any museum experience would be beneficial)
▪ Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
▪ Good oral and written communication skills
▪ Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
▪ Expert knowledge of the history of the British Virgin Islands
▪ Sound organisational, planning and time management skills
▪ Ability to work with little or no supervision
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills