Submitted by SGibbs on 18 September 2018 - 2:09pm
Internal Position No.:
MOF 02 of 2018
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or management in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- One (1) to three (years) working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license (if required)
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Tuesday, 2 October 2018