The successful applicant will provide administrative and legal support and advice to the legal counsel in an efficient and professional manner.
- Provide administrative and specialised support to the Director of Public Prosecutions and Counsel.
- Perform the following activities as directed to support the operations of the Department in a timely and professional manner:
a. Conducts legal research for the Director of Public Prosecutions and Counsel upon request.
b. Assist with drafting legal documents, writing legal opinions and rendering advice in a timely manner.
c. Vets police files for accuracy, review full case and ensure consistency; and prepares vetting forms.
d. Prepares court bundles.
e. Sits on assigned committees (internal and external), prepares briefing notes for the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Principal Crown Counsel; provides information and research for the committee.
f. Liaises between the police prosecution and trial counsel.
g. Sits in on witness interviews for transparency in accordance with legal practice and provides follow-up action.
h. Corresponds with accused’s counsel as necessary.
3.Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Legal Studies
- One (1) year related experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable statutes and statutory interpretation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good legal research skills