The successful applicant will assist with execution of postal services, frontline, and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times.
- Deliver and collect mail as required from the branch and sub post office boxes, residential and from mail carriers at the airport and seaports in order to maintain effective and timely mail delivery to residents and businesses.
- Verify documentation against the number or bags received and dispatched and/or prepare new documentation as necessary in order to maintain effective and efficient service.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, as specified.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Process and maintain P.O. Boxes at various locations.
- Collect revenue.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year working experience in a related area
- Valid BVI driver’s license (Class E) – Required
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player