Submitted by SGibbs on 24 January 2023 - 4:09pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 4 of 2023
The successful applicant will support the Magistrate’s Court by performing scopist duties.
- Edit transcripts with Audio/Wave file and stenotype notes when required.
- Generate/type all necessary correspondence, including reports, letters and brochures to support officers in performing their jobs appropriately.
- Research cited cases at Magistrate’s Court to support the Court’s proceedings.
- Track office supplies to ensure appropriate levels are available to provide a well-functioning work environment.
- Assist Reporters in copying, editing, printing, binding, proofreading, billing and delivery of transcripts.
- Liaise with Magistrates', Court Manager and DPP's Office with regard to transcript preparation and delivery to ensure an adequate and efficient coordination and flow of information.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Scopist Certificate from NCRA Accredited School
- One (1) year related experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Court procedures and transcript production
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good typing skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of Computer Aided Transcription (CAT) software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proper spelling, punctuation, grammar of the English language and proof reading skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Tuesday, 7 February 2023