Submitted by KRichards on 22 September 2022 - 1:30pm
Internal Position No.:
16 of 2022
The successful applicant will assist with the Department’s administrative functions to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
1. Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
2. Assist in the planning and execution of the Department’s work.
3. Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
4. Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
5. Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
6. Perform the relevant human resources functions for the Department including, monitoring leave administration, assisting with the recruitment process, conducting orientation sessions, coordinating training requests and monitoring staff matters.
7. Perform the role of office manager including, ensuring that the Department premises are maintained at the appropriate standards and liaise with the necessary Departments to ensure that equipment are up to date.
8. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
Five (5) years related experience
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Sound supervisory and management skills
Friday, 7 October 2022