1. Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
2. Assist in the planning and execution of the Department’s work.
3. Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
4. Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
5. Serve as personal assistant to the Permanent Secretary.
6. Manage the Permanent Secretary’s diary and make appointments to ensure their timetable is manageable and well organized.
7. Assist with the administrative needs of the Governor’s Group by completing tasks such as drafting correspondences, speeches, Cabinet papers, reports and coordinate and attend meetings for the Permanent Secretary.
8. Manage the workflow of projects and assignments to ensure timely completion and accurately reports on progress.
9. Assist with the coordination of activities of visiting officials to ensure their visit is well organized and productive.
10. Maintain communication with local, regional and international agencies in order to facilitate effective information flow.
11. Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
12. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
Five (5) years related experience
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound knowledge of relevant accounting applications
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure