Submitted by SGibbs on 29 November 2021 - 2:46pm
Internal Position No.:
51 of 2021
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager or equivalent to ensure all HR related matters are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Resources Unit through management of daily operations and supervision of assigned staff.
2. Ensure timely accurate completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from goal setting for new recruits to monitoring performance of employees.
3. Draft relevant correspondence/reports (e.g. leave reports), ensuring a quick turnaround.
4. Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data.
5. Coordinate recruitment to ensure the best candidate is employed.
6. Coordinate salary administration to ensure accurate credits, deductions and payments are made on time and recommend compensation packages for new recruits and employees.
7. Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations, to help staff carry out their daily operations.
8. Coordinate and deliver orientations and staff development / training and workshops to ensure employees obtain up-to-date knowledge.
9. Research and prepare documentation to advise the relevant Commission.
10. Arrange for the development, implementation and maintenance of on-going public education and information programmes.
11. Schedule, organise and prepare materials; and minute departmental meetings to ensure accurate and timely preparation of documentation.
12. Assist in maintaining and up to date electronic database of existing employees' profile using the payroll system.
13. Deputise in the absence of the Human Resources Manager.
14. Act as the personal assistant to the Permanent Secretary in the absence of the substantive holder of the post.
15. Assist with compiling information for disciplinary inquiries to ensures that all disciplinary actions are handled in accordance with the human resources policies and/or executed as directed by the PSC (as agreed by the Governor).
16. Compile and summarise employee development plans in collaboration with the Training Division.
17. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management or related field
Three (3) years working experience in related field
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Sound record management skills
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Sound supervisory and management skills
Monday, 13 December 2021