Submitted by SGibbs on 15 September 2022 - 4:15pm
Internal Position No.:
95 of 2022
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Public Works Department to ensure all HR related matters are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Assist with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Resources Unit through management of daily operations and supervision of staff.
- Prepare correspondence, periodic reports and various documents on human resources activities (including monthly leave reports).
- Assist in the administration and completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from objective setting to monitoring performance of employees.
- Administer recruitment to ensure the best candidate is employed and assist with the thorough on-boarding of new employees.
- Coordinate and deliver staff development / training and workshops to ensure employees obtain up-to-date knowledge. Schedule, organise and prepare material and minute departmental meetings to ensure accurate and timely preparation of documentation.
- Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations, including succession planning, promotions, acting appointments etc., to internal and external clients to ensure all queries are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Conduct investigations regarding issues of staff disputes, grievances and misconduct.
- Research and prepare documentation to advise the relevant Commission.
- Interpret applicable legislation regarding salaries and allowances entitlements and examine personnel files to determine employment status, ensuring accurate payments are made and administer salary administration to ensure accurate credits, deductions and payments are administered on time.
- Provide general counselling to employees regarding employment matters and arrange for referrals to EAP as required.
- Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data and assist with maintaining and up to date electronic database of existing employees' profile using the payroll system.
- Liaise with the relevant ministries, departments and other agencies to obtain advice to resolve complex matters.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in related field
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound record management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory and management skills
Thursday, 29 September 2022