The successful applicant will provide professional and executive support to management in an efficient and effective manner for office related matters.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Assist/Provide research support as required.
- Manages all functions and support staff at the frontline.
- Supervises the efficient operation ofthe Belonger's Unit by:
a. Screening and approving all applications for belonger cards on a daily basis to ensure that applicant meet the necessary requirements in accordance with the Virgin Islands Constitution, 1981.
b. Preparing the Annual Work Plan for the Belonger's Unit in consultation with the Registrar General.
c. Maintaining and managing inventory of belonger cards.
9. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Typing speed 45-55 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure