The successful applicant will provide professional and executive support in the administration of the departments programmes, and to support the department’s management team in the delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Provide research support as required.
- Assist with the update and development of modules within the Civil Registry Information System (CRIS), to enhance the efficiency of services.
- Assist with the maintenance of all electronic systems and equipment within the department by liaising with DoIT, external developers and technicians to ensure proper functionality.
- Assist with maintaining the Department’s social media presence through the direct management of the department’s Facebook page to ensure the timely flow of information to the public.
- Assist with the screening of applications for naturalization and registration for the submittal to the Registrar General for further processing.
- Assist with the organizing citizenship ceremonies by contracting recipients, drafting programme, preparing oaths, congratulatory packages, invitations etc. to ensure success of ceremonies.
- Assist with conducting interviews for naturalization and registration to ensure applicants meet the necessary requirements in accordance with the British Nationality Act, 1981.
- Assist with the preparation of certified copies of nationality certificates.
- Assist with the processing of applications for British Citizenship & the Biometric Enrollment Process.
- Assist with the preparation of daily and monthly reports for the submission to the Registrar General.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Typing speed 45-55 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure