The successful applicant will oversee the daily operations of the Unit and ensure that work permits are processed.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through management of daily operations for work permit applications, to include:
a. Review all work permit applications for final screening to ensure completion of applications and supporting documents
b. Conduct in-depth interviews with employers and applicants to ensure in-depth knowledge of the vacancy
c. Investigate and follow up information that is needed to assist in the decision-making process
d. Interact with the Placement Officer to determine if BVIslanders are available to fill positions before processing the work permit application
e. Prepare accurate work permit sheets for each work permit application before the application is given to the Labour Commissioner to save future time and effort.
f. Provide information and advice to customers concerning compliance of the Labour Code as it pertains to work permits in a professional and accurate manner
2. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
3. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring security of personnel data.
4. Respond to telephone inquiries in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures.
5. Administer administration duties such as statistical reports, filing and data entry as required.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field
- Three (3) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound interpersonal skills including counseling and interviewing techniques
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure