Submitted by SGibbs on 17 August 2021 - 2:40pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 57 of 2021
1. Help raise education and awareness on the importance of established Covid-19 control and suppression measures and relevant Public Health Orders and related legislation.
2. Remind clients of social distancing rules; issue tickets to offenders and report breaches to the Covid-19 control and suppression measures.
3. Observe areas for any queuing hot spots, people gathering together, and areas where social distancing is not being observed.
4. Consistently monitor and assess the compliance of business application to the Covid-19 control and suppression measures and relevant Public Health Orders and related legislation.
5. Provide guidance in all areas to ensure social distancing rules are communicated and adhered to.
6. Assist with providing updated communications and signage as required to clients.
7. Monitor on-site social distancing compliance by routinely conducting site tours of businesses, gatherings and public spaces.
8. Provide guidance on the use of correct Personal Protective Equipment.
9. Provide representation at court hearings in relation to ticket violations as required.
10. Gather data, update systems and databases and assist with producing reports
11. Any other duties delegated by the Chief Environmental Officer or designated supervisor.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma
• Three (3) years working experience in conducting inspections or related area
• Successful completion of mandatory Social Distancing Inspection Training
• Certification in Environmental Health, Occupational Health or related area would be an asset
• Working knowledge of the Virgin Islands Statutory Instrument 2020 No. 100 Public Health Ordinance (Cap. 194) Public Health (Covid-19 Control and Suppression Measures) (No. 6) Order, 2020
• Working knowledge of relevant computer software and database management
• Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and demonstrate values and principles of integrity
• Excellent interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
• Ability to manage and negate sensitive situations
• Sound knowledge of Government policies and procedures
• Sound critical thinking skills
• Good observation skills
• Sound oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 17 December 2021