Department of Information and Public Relations
Business owners are notified that requests for Work Permit Waivers for entry of skilled workers to assist in the Territory’s disaster recovery efforts must now be submitted in writing to the Minister for Natural Resources and Labour.
All letters of request must be addressed to Dr. the Honourable Kedrick D. Pickering, Deputy Premier and Minister for Natural Resources and Labour to include:
• Applicant’s name;
• Proposed length of time in the Territory;
• Arrival date;
• Where the applicant will reside when in the Territory;
• Copy of passport signature page;
• Trade Licence of intended employer; and
• Information relative to job site(s)/clients that the company will be or are working with.
Work Permit Waivers are only valid for three (3) months and employers who wish to retain employees beyond this period, must submit a new work permit application form with applicable documentation and fees to the Department of Labour in advance for processing.
For more information please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources and Labour at 468 2147.