The Government of the Virgin Islands (GOVI) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$65,291,000 towards the cost of the CDB No. 12/SRF-OR-BVI: Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Loan – Hurricane Irma Project (the Project) and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds to eligible payments under this contract. Payment by CDB will be made only at the request of GOVI and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement. The Loan Agreement prohibits a withdrawal from the Loan Account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOVI shall derive any rights from the Loan Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Loan.
The Virgin Islands Recovery and Development Agency (RDA) is the Executing Agency for the Project, and the GOVI is responsible for the overall implementation of the project. The RDA intends to prequalify contractors for the Construction of the West End Ferry Terminal, British Virgin Islands. It is expected that invitations for bid will be issued in September 2023.
Consideration will be limited to firms or joint ventures of firms which are legally incorporated or otherwise organised in, and have their principal place of business in an eligible country and is either:
- more than 50% beneficially owned by a citizen or citizens and/or a bona fide resident or residents of an eligible country or countries, or by a body corporate or bodies corporate meeting these requirements; or
- owned or controlled by the government of an eligible country provided that it is legally and financially autonomous and operated under the commercial law of an eligible country and otherwise meets the eligibility requirements of the CDB Guidelines for Procurement (2006).
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
The requirements for pre-qualification will include:
- an average annual turnover (defined as billing for works in progress and completed) over the last five (5) years of Ten Million United States Dollars (US$10,000,000).
- demonstrable cash flow (including access to credit) of Two Million United States Dollars (US$2,000,000) equivalent; and
- experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least two (2) assignments of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed project activity within the last specified period of seven (7) years (2016-2023), demonstrating five (5) years of experience, each of a value of at least Twelve Million United States Dollars (US$12,000,000) (to comply with this requirement, works quoted should be at least 70 percent complete).
Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the RDA at the first address below, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A complete set of the prequalification documents in English may be obtained by interested applicants by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prequalification submissions must be in English and must be submitted electronically to the email address indicated in the first address below no later than 1600 hours, local time on 31st August 2023 and one electronic copy must be sent simultaneously to the email address indicated in the second address below.
The “Subject” field of the email message must read: “Prequalification Documents – Construction of the West End Ferry Terminal, British Virgin Islands”. The submission will be deemed to have been received at the time that it is received by the RDA. The burden of proving receipt of the e-mail will be on the applicant and will not be met solely by a read receipt or sent items report generated by the bidder’s computer. Late prequalification submissions will not be accepted. RDA will not be bound to assign any reason for not pre-qualifying any applicant and will not defray costs incurred by applicants in the preparation and submission of the pre-qualification documents.
Attention: Director of Procurement
Virgin Islands Recovery and Development Agency
Cyril B. Romney Tortola Pier Park
1-2/F 52 Pier Park Drive - Unit 8
Road Town, Tortola VG1110
British Virgin Islands
Caribbean Development Bank
P.O. Box 408
Wildey, St. Michael
Barbados, W.I. BB11000
Tel: (246) 539-1600