Use the Google map below to view ongoing infrastructural works happening in the Territory.
The Government of the Virgin Island is executing a Territory-wide infrastructural development programme which includes road, water and sewerage networks. The road rehabilitation and upgrade consist of drainage improvement, casting of edge of roads and resurfacing. Other works may include the installation of retaining walls where necessary.
- Bound Tree Road/Harrigan Estate project (Fort Charlotte to the Sea Cows Bay Methodist Church)- from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. until June, 2017
- Spring Ghut
- Upper Horsepath Road Closed (vicinity of Marcia Blyden’s residence)- rehabilitation works are expected to last until October.
- Main Street between Smiths Gore and the St. Georges Anglican Church will be closed on Saturday, June 24 from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Lee Road, Virgin Gorda - fire station to Ocean View Hotel will be closed from Friday, June 23, 7:00 a.m. to Monday, June 26, 7:00 a.m. On Monday, June 26 at 7:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 28, 7:00 p.m. the section of road from Ocean View Hotel to Scotiabank will be closed.
- Brewer's Bay (lower Luck Hill to end at Nichols' Bar) - Works in progress
- Windy Hill, CDB Loan funded - Daily 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Lee Road, Virgin Gorda, CDB Loan funded - Daily 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Completion date: June)
- Nottingham Estate, CDB Loan funded - Daily 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Bound Tree Road/Harrigan Estate project (Fort Charlotte to the Sea Cows Bay Methodist Church)- Daily 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (completion date: October)
- Orange lines and markings - Men at work, drive with caution
- Blue lines and markings - Scheduled, pending, coming soon
- Lime lines and markings - In progress, continues
- Red lines and marking - Closure, drive with extreme caution
- Green lines and markings - Suggested detour
- Purple lines and markings - Complete
- SSB - Social Security Board
- CDB - Caribbean Development Bank
- NSP - National Sewerage Project/Programme
Click the drop down menu in the top left hand corner of the map to view the map legend.