P.O. Box 627
East End, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
Domestic visits are approved time for prisoners and their families to engage and maintain family ties.
Step 1: Visitors must call Her Majesty's Prison visit booking line to schedule appointments.
Step 2: A schedule time of appointment is given to visitors when they can visit the Prison.
Step 3: All inmates are entitled to one visit per week unless otherwise approved by the Superintendent of Prison.
Step 4: Appointments must be made at least 24 hours prior to visit.
All visitors are required to present a valid ID in order to enter the Prison (Example: Government issued ID, Photo ID, Valid Driver's License, Student ID or Passport).
Turn Around Time
- Visits for Remanded inmates will be on Tuesday or Thursday from 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise authorized by the Superintendent of Prison.
- Visits for Convicted inmates will be on Saturday or Sunday from 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.unless otherwise authorized by the Superintendent of Prison.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visits will not be comprised of more than 3 adults and children.
- No visits would be accepted between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and after 2:30 p.m.
- Items for inmates (except clothing for Court appearance) will only be accepted during visiting days and hours unless prior approval has been given by the Superintendent of Prisons.
- There must always be mutual respect between Staff, Inmates and Visitors.
There must be strict adherence to the Dress Code. Inappropriate clothing may result in you being denied visitation.
For example: You will not be admitted if you wear revealing shorts, sun dresses, halter tops, bathing suits, see-through garments of any type, crop tops, low cut clouses or dresses, leotards, and spandex.
Skirts or pants two inches or more above the knee, clothing displaying offensive languages, blackless tops, hats or caps, sleeveless garments, dresses or skirts with a high cut split in the back, front or side or any clothing that looks like inmates' clothing are considered inappropriate and persons wearing such will not be allowed to enter the prison.
Department Contact Information
Her Majesty's Prison
P.O. Box 627
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Visitation Hours: Tuesday or Thursday 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Convicted Visits: Saturday or Sunday 8:30 am and 12:00 pm; 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Legal Visits: Monday - Friday (appointments only)
Telephone: 1(284) 468-6318
Visits Booking Line: 1(284) 468-6342 or 1(284) 468-6343
Fax: 1(284) 468-6300