To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.
If you are not currently working in the Public Service and are not eligible for a seamless transfer, you may only be considered for vacancy notices which are open to the public and classified as external vacancies. Each vacancy notice will include qualification criteria outlining the minimum education or experience requirements an applicant must possess to be considered to qualified. Follow the instructions provided in the 'How to Apply' section. You will be competing against other applicants based on the information provided in your application, therefore, you must ensure you provide a complete and accurate explanation of your experience and qualifications.
We screen all applications and choose the most qualified applicants to participate in the evaluation process. The evaluation process consists of a variety of assessments, usually including an interview. This gives you the opportunity to show why you are the best person for the job. We then offer the job to the best-qualified candidate.
Apply in writing or submit a completed application form to the Department of Education at least six months prior to the opening of the institution. Submit with your application: a) A business plan or proposal b) A floor plan of the Institution The application should be made to the: Chief Education Officer Department of Education P.O. Box 72 Wickham’s Cay 1, Road Town Tortola, VG 1110 British Virgin Islands


Ships registered in the BVI, or those wishing to be registered to which the statutory certification applies, may be surveyed by the VISR surveyors or surveyors appointed by any of the seven authorised Classification Societies. Additionally, VISR may use surveyors from the MCA or other Red Ensign Group Registries, if deemed necessary.


Ships registered in the BVI, or those wishing to be registered to which the statutory certification applies, may be surveyed by the VISR surveyors or surveyors appointed by any of the seven authorised Classification Societies. Additionally, VISR may use surveyors from the MCA or other Red Ensign Group Registries, if deemed necessary.

Disposal of Government's asset such as vehicles, copiers, computers and furniture are carried out by auction, sale transfer or otherwise.

The Department can be contacted at telephone numbers 284-468-4934 (main office) or 284-468-4069 (incinerator).  Persons can also go through the switch board and ask to be transferred to the Department of Waste Management.  Our email address is

The Student Employment portal on this website provides convenient access to an array of student work experience, internship and summer employment programs. It also provides access to many programs and supports provided by the government and its partners for youth and new professionals (for example, career advice, labour market information, skills training).
Vacancy notices will include the qualification requirements, such as education and/or experience, certifications, etc. You should review the vacancy notices to determine whether you meet the requirements for the position.
A hardcopy of all drawings are stored on file at the Public Works Department. However, the department does not provide copies of drawings but will allow customers to take drawings to be copied at a place of choice and return to the department.
  • Person must have a valid ID.
  • 18 yrs and over for a Driver's Learners Permit.
  • 16 yrs and over for a Motorcycle Learners Permit.

i. The annual budget estimates can be purchased from the Ministry of Finance or at the Passport Office (Civil Registry and Passport Office Department).

ii. For research, students must make a written request to the Financial Secretary.


Government employees can receive help from the EAP Cousellor by calling the private line at 468-3205 or ext. 3991 or complete and submit an online request form.

The Department of Disaster Management's (DDM) website has an extensive publications list with hazard specific brochures. Print copies of the hazard brochures can also be collected from DDM's office in MacNamara.

1) Transfer of students takes place only at the beginning of the academic year except under special circumstances. 2) Enquire from the principal of the prospective school on available space 3) Request transfer from the Principal of the school that your child attends. 4) The transfer certificate is sent by the principal of the school to the Department of Education for final processing. Note: Transfer from a private school to a public school is treated as a new admission to the public school system. (See requirements listed under question dealing with registration) Belongers are eligible for school transfers. Non-belongers are at the discretion of the department, and will need to reapply if a favourable decision is granted.
Applicants are required to appear in person to submit an application for persons deemed to belong to the Virgin Islands. This is essential for capturing applicants’ photo image and signature.
You must first collect and complete a scholarship application form. These are available at the Ministry and the Help Desk at the Central Administration Complex. Submit your completed application (along with photographs). Only your transcript and/or letter of acceptance will be accepted after the application deadline. Your completed application will be reviewed by the Scholarships Committee.
By completing the required application form and forwarding it to the Chief Education Officer, Department of Education, Central Administration Complex, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The following documents should accompany the application. (i) Original or certified copy of birth certificate (ii) Original of all certificates and/or diplomas (iii) Four reference letters
Step 1: You should first collect the application form from the offices of the National Bank of the Virgin Islands. Step 2: Complete the application from (photographs and all information requested) on the application form. Step 3: Submit the application to the National Bank of the Virgin Islands.
You can apply for study leave through the Training Division by completing the study leave application form.
Step 1: Collect an application form from the school or the Department of Education. Step 2: Completed applications must be addressed to the Chief Education Officer signed by and forwarded through the Principal of the school at least two weeks before the proposed date of use.

The Department of Disaster Management DDM) recongnises that volunteerism  is one of oldest response mechanisms used in disaster situations and in the immediate aftermath of a disaster, hence the spearheading of an online initiative.  It is also recognised that the first response, both spontaneous and organised, generally comes from local communities.  As such vlounteers constitute a very important resource to to the disaster management mechanism in Virgin Islands.

The VI Volunteer Programme Open to all domiciled residents of the Virgin Islands and those visitingn our island for 6 months or more.  To be eligible for active memebership, persons should be between 18-50 years old,n possess a community spirit and be committed to using his or her ablilities to enhance disaster management in the Virgin Islands.

The online Registry can be accessed via the Department's website at www.bviddm.comor directly using the link  Persons interesting in becoming part of the volunteer Registry and who are not able to access the online registration can contact Cecil Jeffrey, Community Relations Officer at 468-4200.



Step 1: Submit completed Application Form to Fire Headquarters; await response.

Step 2: If you are not eligible for employment, you will be informed. If you are eligible, you will be scheduled to take a written exam.

Step 3: If you are unsuccessful, you will be informed, and you may apply in the future. If you pass, you will be required to undertake a full medical exam (this includes testing for excessive levels of alcohol, 20/20 vision, marijuana, cocaine and other illegal drugs).

Step 4: If the medical indicates an adequate standard of health, you will be scheduled to perform six (6) Strength and Fitness Tests, which must be done within six (6) hours.

Step 5: If you are successful, you will be scheduled for an interview.

Step 7: If you are selected among the top candidates, you will be scheduled to report to Fire Headquarters to commence participation in the Recruits Training Programme.

Step 8: If you are successful, you will perform Fire Officer duties for a three (3) year Probationary period. During that time, you must obtain adequate competencies in Emergency Response, Fire Safety/Fire Prevention and Rescue Techniques. You must also become an internationally certified Emergency Medical Technician.

Step 9: If successful, you will be required to achieve levels of competencies, maintain a high level of discipline and become an internationally certified Emergency Medical Technician before being recommended to the Permanent and Pensionable Establishment.

You must ring the visits booking line number and book a slot at 1(284) 468-6342 or 1(284) 468-6343.

You can go to the ministry website from the home page of the government at to find out more information.