The Government of the Virgin Islands' compulsory retirement age is 60.
There are several advantages, 10 of them are:
- Registry is a member of the Red Ensign Group. Ships flying the Flag are entitled to British Diplomatic / Consular support and Royal Navy Protection. In addition to its own full survey and certification resources in-house, BVI has access to the range of technical expertise of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
- Registered ownership is permitted to citizens of and, companies registered in BVI, UK and all BritishTerritories. Likewise, those of the EU, CARICOM & OECS are eligible for registration as Owners of Virgin Islands Ships. Other nationals (individuals and/or company) permitted to own minority interest in Virgin Islands ship.
- Low Initial Registration & Annual Maintenance fees.
- Registry is specialized in Yacht registration and Certificates are recognized worldwide.
- Facilitates simple yet secure registration of ship, mortgages, discharge of mortgages, change/transfer of ownership and other proprietary interests and services.
- Full corporate, legal, telecommunications and courier services readily available in BVI.
- Political and social stability in BVI and British Judicial System.
- BVI is the Yachting Mecca of the Caribbean, equipped with modern state-of-the -art facilities, berths, accommodation, supplies and services.
- Prompt, courteous and efficient service. Fully computerized Fleet Management System and Database.
- BVI is recognized worldwide as a reputable offshore financial centre, leading the world in company formation and related corporate services.
At the Ministry of Health and Social Development complete an Application for Burial Form. Staff at the Ministry will give assistance with completing the form if needed. Please ensure that you have available the following documents/information:
- Death Certificate
- Permission to Bury Certificate
- Name of Funeral Home making arrangements
- Date of burial
- Name of Minister/Pastor/Leader of religious organization performing burial
- Burial Site (Contact the Manager for the burial ground to secure a burial spot)
The Ministry of Health and Social Development will approve permission for burial within one to two working days. Collect Permission for Burial and take copies to:
- Minister/Pastor/Leader of religious organization performing burial
- The Funeral Home
- The Burial Ground Manager
Mr. John Dore
P.O. Box 767
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
The current schedule of all the fees and charges connected with registration in BVI as well as other administrative services are obtainable from the Registry.
The National Emergency Operations Centre (NEOC) is the designated administrative hub of national disaster management mechanism in the Virgin Islands. It provides the centralized coordination and control of emergency or disaster response and relief mechanisms on a 24 hour basis.
DDM serves as the overall coodinating agency to ensure implementation of the policied and plans that have been set by National Disaster Management Council. DDM maintains the office in a state of rediness for the activatiion on the NEOC at short notice. The activation of the NEOC requires a significant change in roles and responsibilites among DDM staff. Guidelines have been developed and tested which allows for a smooth transition.
- United States: 4-7 days
- United Kingdom: 10-25 days
- Caribbean Region: 3-7 days
Please note the length of time given is only an approximation, and does not account for any possible custom clearance delays or airline transshipment delays.
- United States: 4 - 17 business days
- United Kingdom: 10 - 25 business days
- Caribbean Region: 3 - 7 business days
Please note the length of time given is only an approximation, and does not account for possible custom clearance delays, airline transshipment delays.
(1) A Thousand Dollars ($1000.00 USD) and twelve (12) months imprisonment
(2) Deportation is desirable under any violation of the Immigration and Passport Act (CAP. 130).
Loans shall be granted at a preferential fixed interest rate of five percent (5%) for the first year. thereafter, Prime + one and three quarter percentage points, with a floor rate of five percent (5%)
The Labour Arbitration Tribunal is an independent tribunal set up under the Labour Code, 2010 with the power to make orders and awards with the same force as an order or award of the High Court. The parties appearing before the Tribunal are entitled to the same rights or privileges as they would have before any court. In the exercise of its powers, it cannot be directed or controlled by any other person or authority.
Government of the Virgin Islands
Central Administration Complex
#33 Administration Drive
Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110
Between the Cruise Pier and Maria’s Hotel by the Sea, (near Waterfront Drive) across from Banco from Banco Popular
The National Business Bureau is an entity within the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs, which was established specifically for the development of the MSME sector.
The national Disaster Management Council is an inter-instituional umbrella organization that has the mandate for the work done by the Department of Disaster Management. Policies or new projects proposed by the NDMC must be presented by the chairman to the Cabinet for approval.
The National Disaster Management Cocuncil (NDMC) is organizated into Committees. Each Committee is expected to have its ownsub-plan, which becomes part of the Natinal Disaster Management Plan. The NDMC meets annully in June to review reports and work programmes and make recommendations to government regarding disaster management.
The mandate of the Office of Gender Affairs is to promote gender equality and equity through programs and policies, in an effort to comply with the Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and in preparation for periodic reviews to achieve a gender just society.
Individuals who are interested in loaning litter bins for an event are required to fill out the litter bin loan agreement form which is supplied by the Department. Individuals are required to have this form completed, signed and returned to the Department two weeks prior to the event.