Yes!  Anyone from the establishment authorised by the proprietor.

The Partnership for Peace Programme is a court mandated programme, but allows for someone to volunteer on becoming a part of the programme. Please view the steps for the Partnership for Peace Programme on this website or you can contact the Office of Gender Affairs for more information.

No.  You must have a separate kitchen from the existing residence, designed to the specification of the Environmental Health Division.

Yes.  If persons wish to state their names they can do so.

No...They will have access to a phone to ring you.

No. To start a food business you are required to apply for a trade licence from the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs and to also seek registration and licencing of that business with the Environmental Health Division before beginning operation of the business.

No!  Food handlers' nails must be short (meaning you cannot see the nail over the fingertips) and clean.  Long nails hold bacteria and dirt which can contaminate food.

Yes.  This is an exception in some instances.  However, where the person will be permanently employed, they must acquire a food handler's certificate from the Environmental Health Division.