The Trade Licence is a conditional licence that authorises ownership of the business but it does not set regulatory standards for operation of the food establishment.  All food businesses are regulated under the Public Health (Food Hygiene) Regulations 1972.

The Department does not provide a collection service for bulky waste and encourages all residents to take their bulky waste directly to the incinerator.

We are not responsible for issues that are related to sewage and these concerns should either be directed to the Water and Sewerage Department or the Environmental Health Division.

The Department is responsible for the removal of dead animals but only on public properties which includes main roads and public parking lots.  We are not responsible for the removal of dead animals from private properties.

The Department is responsible for the removal of derelict vehicles.  If a vehicle is deemed derelict the Department will affix a notice for removal on the vehicle and the vehicle will be removed once the notice has expired.  There are two types of notices; public notices which expire in 14 days and the private notices which expire in 21 days.  Public notices are for vehicles located on public property and private notices are for vehicles on private property.

Private notices are placed on vehicles in most cases at the request of the property owner.

Yes. The course is approved by the Government of the Virgin Islands as a certified food handler training program.

Yes.  After this training you will become a certified food handler.