Yes!  Each facility is inspected at least twice per year.  The first inspection ensures standards are maintained and the facility qualifies for licencing.  Subsequent inspections are conducted for monitoring health and sanitation standards.

Yes.  All daycares and pre-schools must be registered with the following agencies annually:

  • The Early Childhood Unit, Ministry of Education and Culture
  • The Environmental Health Division

Yes! Only for schools and public facilities maintained by Government.  Private residences and businesses are required to supply their own chlorine and the Environmental Health Division will administer the treatment.

The Office of Gender Affairs deals with both males and females.

The Department can be contacted at telephone numbers 284-468-4934 (main office) or 284-468-4069 (incinerator).  Persons can also go through the switch board and ask to be transferred to the Department of Waste Management.  Our email address is

You must ring the visits booking line number and book a slot at 1(284) 468-6342 or 1(284) 468-6343.

You can come into the Environmental Health Division and obtain a replacement food handler's certificate.  Please ensure that you walk with a recent passport sized photo.